"We are a learning hub that cultivates data scientists with interdisciplinary insight and expertise."
The ability to select and use information is becoming a criterion for competitiveness in the information age and an essential virtue of leaders in our modern society. Vast amounts of information in various and complicated forms drive the trends of the Information Society and are crucial in the functions of state and business organizations. As we enter an evermore connected Network Society, a deeper understanding and command of the flows and content of information, its authenticity and reliability, are key issues that allow us to distinguish good data from bad data, ultimately enabling us to make informed, evidence-based decisions. CUK’s GSIIS encourages critical inquiry and interdisciplinary conversation. Our core subjects focus on understanding our present data and human environment and the acquisition of data analysis skills, such as statistical and big data analysis. Students can select their field of concentration, but convergence of the three fields is strongly encouraged.
- core informatics
- Information and Informatics, Seminar on Human Understanding, Research Methodology, Data Analysis, HRD Seminar, Seminar on Interdisciplinary Information Studies, Cognitive Psychology
- EDUCATION INFORMATICS
- Planning and Operating Career Pathways Program
- Explore of job world and career information
- Diagnosis and Utilizing of Career Pathways Design
- Introduction to Career Pathways Education
- BUSINESS INFORMATICS
- Creative Thinking and Entrepreneurship
- Case Studies in Marketing
- Human Resource Management and Organization Development
- Data Driven Prediction
- Strategic Decision Making
- TECHNOLOGY INFORMATICS
- Advanced Technology Seminar
- IT Project Management
- Smart Computing Environment
- Machine Learning and Data Science
- Big Data Analysis and Application
- Dissertation seminar or project seminar
Our educational goals
To cultivate future data scientists with a convergent mindset
To enhance a wholistic approach to information studies
Our core curriculum sets the context for information-based learning, by presenting an understanding of the present Information Society through sociological, psychological, computer science and methodological insights. Students are then encouraged to choose a field of concentration: Education Informatics, Business Informatics, and Technology Informatics & Big Data. Students can choose more than one concentration, to create their own field of convergence, such as Education Technology, Technology Business, or Education Business and so forth.
- 1. Education Informatics Specialist
- 2. Business Informatics Specialist
- 3. Technology Informatics Specialist
- Education informatics
Education is provided to develop the capacity to correctly analyze, standardize, and systematically transmit education informatics, and apply such a capacity in the field.
- Business Informatics
Education is provided to develop the capacity to generate, manage, analyze, and understand the required information to be used in the business field such, to impact evidence-based decision making.
- Technology Informatics
Education is provided to develop the capacity to analyze and interpret information from an engineering perspective to grow as experts who are capable of making accurate predictions about future technologies in the knowledge and information society.